Bill Number: HB 2745
Bill Text: Introduced
Chief Sponsors: Representative Noble, Senator Boquist, Senator Linthicum
Regular Sponsors: Representative Nearman, Representative Stark, Senator Thatcher
Oregonians For Medical Freedom Notes: HB 2745 would help provide informed consent to parents/patients. When a vaccine is administered, the doctor’s office would provide a paper with a URL and QR Code that can be scanned that would take the user to an OHA maintained
CALL TO ACTION: Please email and/or call your own Representative as well as the following House Health Care Committee Representatives to respectfully request a hearing to be scheduled for this bill:
- A vaccine is the only product that is free from manufacturer liability, due to the passage of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 which “Provides that no vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death: (1) resulting from unavoidable side effects; or (2) solely due to the manufacturer’s failure to provide direct warnings.” https://www.congress.gov/bill/99th-congress/house-bill/5546
- Since the passage of the 1986 NCVIA, the vaccine schedule has expanded significantly. Just because someone really wants you to take something, doesn’t mean you don’t have a right to know what is in it.
- You receive a package insert for any other over the counter and prescription medication and pharmaceutical product. This bill will allow all consumers easy access to all vaccine package inserts online, as well as CDC Vaccine Excipient List and identification of any vaccines that contain
a Stateof Oregon identified High Priority Chemical of Concern;
- Prior to a vaccine being administered the doctor’s office would provide one Oregon State specific paper with a URL and a QR Code that will link directly to the OHA maintained website with the information listed above. This is in addition to the Federally required Vaccine Information Sheet that provides general (not product specific) information about the disease and vaccine
- As a
consumeryou have a right to receive this information prior to vaccination to achieve full informed consent
- PLEASE- keep your comments focused on the policy at hand. This bill is about consumer access to information. This is not a debate on the pros and cons of vaccines. Keeping your comments and the responses of others centered on this bill and not all the issues associated with
it,is important. Those that support our vaccine recommended scheduleand those that choose an alternative schedule can ALL support the right for access to information on this product.
Bill Title: Relating to information regarding vaccines; prescribing an effective date.
Summary: Requires licensed health care provider to provide
The Oregon Health Authority shall maintain a publicly available website that provides access to the vaccine information data for all vaccinations required by Oregon law and vaccinations commonly recommended by licensed health care providers. The website must include, for each vaccination described in this subsection:
(a) The vaccine manufacturer’s package insert; Example Link HepatitisB https://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM110114.pdf
(b) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccine excipient list; https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf
(c) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccine information statement; https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/hep-b.pdf
(d) A list of any ingredients that are considered high priority chemicals by the authority under ORS 431A.255.